Members' Ethics Policy
The Bridal Association of the Brazos Valley and its members acknowledge the need to preserve and encourage fair and professional business practices. As a condition of membership, all members are required to agree to the following Code of Professional Ethics:
- To practice honesty and integrity in my profession and accurately represent my qualifications, knowledge and expertise in all communications.
- To act and speak professionally so as to not offend or bring discredit to the weddings services profession.
- To be committed to understanding my client’s needs and provide services in those areas in which I am qualified to serve. If and when I am unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, I will make every effort to recommend the services of a qualified BABV member.
- To communicate clearly with my clients in layman’s language what my prices are and what services are included. I will gladly answer questions about these things so that my client is comfortable with what has been ordered.
- To maintain the trust and confidentiality of my clients and to other BABV members that may be sharing information and services.
- To treat other wedding professionals with courtesy and dignity.
- To make every effort to protect the public against fraud or unfair practices and shall attempt to disengage; through the proper channels, all practices which bring discredit to the profession.
- To not be party to agreements which unfairly limit or restrain access to the marketplace by any other wedding professional.
I pledge to comply with the standards of The Bridal Association of the Brazos Valley. I am fully aware that my clients rely on my knowledge, experience and recommendations in the performance of my services.”
In accordance with Association bylaws, each member shall agree to and abide by the Ethics policy of the Association. Member applicants shall sign a copy of the Ethics Policy. The Board of Directors shall address ethics issues on a case by case basis, should any arise.
This policy may be amended by action of the Board of Directors.
Questions? We are here to help…